Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Reading in the Future

All my life, I have been assigned books to read for school. Most of the time I have very little time to fit in reading for leisure. When I do choose to read I book on my own, I tend to become very enthralled with it and neglect the book I'm supposed to be reading for school. I feel bad about not finishing my assignment, however I would much rather read a book that I know I'll enjoy. After years and years of assigned books, I look forward to seeing what reading will be like when I'm in college.

I guess I'll still have book assignments for the next four years, but I wonder if there will be a constant stream of books for the whole school year. I also would like to know if I will have more say in the types of books I'll be able to read. For instance, for the summer reading assignments in high school we had a pretty big list of books from which we could choose. This freedom always made me feel like I had a say in which book I could read and I didn't feel tied down to an assigned book. I seemed to pick some pretty good books over the years so if have options in college I'll enjoy it.

In high school we also had deadlines that I also seemed to struggle to keep up with. I hope in college to get better at manage my time when it comes to reading. I would always put other assignments before my reading assignments but then was left with giant chunks to read the night before the book was due. This never really allowed me to enjoy the book. I look forward to seeing what college reading has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment